Last year the record-breaking epic miniseries The Bible, became the number one cable entertainment telecast of the year. One year later the story of Jesus is resurrected onto the big screen as the stand alone feature film “Son Of God” due out February 28 in theaters across the country. After covering The Bible Series extensively last year here on outersparkle.com, it was a privilege to have the opportunity to pre-screen the Son of God film and interview the talent. Portuguese actor Diogo Morgado portrays Jesus as the film spans from his humble birth through his teachings, crucifixion and ultimate resurrection. It marks the first motion picture about Jesus’ life since Passion of the Christ, released ten years ago. I caught up Diogo for a quick one on one interview during the films tour in Miami. You can view the full interview here.
The two questions I had for Diogo:
1)How did your role of Jesus change your beliefs and what you had known of Jesus growing up in faith? DM:I don’ t know if change would be the word, but I grew up a christian, with the bible and Jesus Christ. It was overwhelming, challenging and an honor. And the truth is how can you do it? How can you truly do it? All you can do is make yourself available for the love of Jesus for the love of God. Because ultimately the message of Jesus was the message of love, the message of hope and compassion and love for the enemy.
2) For me the hardest part of viewing the film was watching Jesus carry the cross and the crucifixion. How did those scenes affect you physically and mentally? DM: It was obviously very hard,but physically I only noticed at the end of the day when I would go back to the hotel and realized the bruises and the cuts and that my back was in pain. During shooting I was so involved being there and not there. I kinda felt protected and that was part of the experience, telling those moments in an emotional way obviously had a deep impact on me. The truth is that I can’t put it into words exactly. There’s a lot of things that you are meant to feel and not to be explained. There aren’t words that can describe it, it was life changing for me,the result of that, I feel we can make a difference in this world. I didn’t use to think like that, I use to think you needed to take a group in order to change something. The truth is that we can make a difference on our own, we can choose to love someone who we don’t know, or smile at someone who we don’t know or just to stop and say I love you. And this can boost up love in someone else, and THAT was the message of Jesus and that changed me in a way. Diogo was a pleasure to meet and was the perfect choice to play the role of Jesus. Son of God truly will leave an impression on all that view the film. I encourage you to take family and friends, as this film will be an inspiration to draw closer to the Lord and build a relationship with our Savior God.
Son of God is the first major feature film portraying the whole life of Jesus Christ in nearly 50 years, since The Greatest Story Ever Told came out in the 60′s. It is being released by a major Hollywood studio – 20th Century Fox – and is one of the most anticipated movies of the year. In many cities nationwide, churches are buying out ENTIRE MUTLIPLEXES – see this story: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/son-god-church-leaders-buying-680462 Regardless of what you think of Jesus and the many churches and denominations that follow him, I think you will find this movie a compelling, powerful, inspiring and educational portrayal of the most famous person who ever lived – whose impact on the world is second to none. For your reference, I have included some information about the film below. If you’re in my area, I would be happy to attend the movie with you!
- About Son of God: www.ShareSonofGod.com/thefilm
- Buy out a Screen for a Private Premiere: www.SonofGodTickets.com
- Endorsements: www.ShareSonofGod.com/endorsements
- About the Filmmakers: www.ShareSonofGod.com/filmmakers
- Media Coverage: sonofgod.screenitfirst.com
- Website: www.ShareSonofGod.com
Oooh, I will have to check this out, I love these types of films…and my Dad loves them too, it’s something we can watch together!
[…] ← “Son of God” Jesus returns to the Big Screen after a Decade “Son of God” One on One Interview with Diogo Morgado → […]